Thursday, February 21, 2013

Held.


The adoption process is full of waiting.

The wait for your homestudy to be complete (and all the waiting required for the items needed for the homestudy)
The wait for your homestudy to be written.
The wait for your I-600a application to be processed (i.e. fingerprints appointment)
The wait for your approval (the I-171H, a.k.a. The Golden Ticket)
The wait for your dossier docs to be certified, authenticated & translated
The wait for the referral *our current stage*
The wait for court in country
The wait for embassy clearance
 
I am by nature a do-er. I thrive on having things to check off. Goals to reach for. Things to accomplish. So the beginning of this adoption process was almost like a thrill ride. Some people hate paperwork. Not me, I thrive on it. Getting it done and getting it done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Seriously, love it!

However, I am now to the point that there is literally nothing left for me to do.

But wait

And wait

And wait some more.

During this stage I am finding myself feeling stripped down and vulnerable. There is nothing I can do, or do in my own strength during this part of the process. It is a very abnormal feeling to feel totally out of control. To have everything out of your hands.

I am finding myself pushing into the promises of God and understanding them in a fresh way.

That is why I love and am sharing the music video at the end of this blog post, "Carry Me".

Throughout this part of the adoption process I literally feel as though I am being held. Gently, tenderly, lovingly held by God. 

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I am out of control. My only option is to sit back and watch God work.

What a cool place to be in.


No comments:

Post a Comment