The rest of the trip was incredible. Most of the visiting times with sweet little miss were spent alone in the visiting room, which was a treat. Each time I visited we would play for about a half hour, she would take a bottle and would inevitably take a nap. She is taking her bottle SO much better than when I visited in May, which makes this mama's heart rejoice. Little Miss still typically won't eat more than 3 1/2 to 4 oz. a time, however she wowed me the day before we left and downed almost the whole 7oz. that they prepare for her each time. Oh, and the napping. How I LOVE holding and snuggling relaxed baby weight. There is nothing else like it. I loved it when my bio babies were small and I love it now. The last few days of our visit I started bringing my bible and devotional packed in my bag to bring, knowing I had at least an hour per visit to spend snuggling little miss and reading the word by myself. Having seen God's hand throughout this process (in more ways and in more details than I've ever shared publicly on the blog, but willing to share IN person), being closer than ever towards the end of our journey, experiencing His faithfulness and then HOLDING ONTO little miss while spending time reading, praying & rejoicing? Awesome.
During our last couple days there I experienced some things that will ever be beautiful memories......getting to meet the boys of a friend in country, who is now dear to my heart, and seeing the pride he has in his children. Witnessing a coffee ceremony send-off for multiple families heading home with their children this week and seeing the love that the nannies/staff have for these precious children. But the most amazing thing? Watching Rhonda's little man learn to trust her, reach for her and begin truly attaching to his mama and seeing their family reunite after our long journey home.
Incredible. Absolutely incredible.
This journey may be long, but there is joy unspeakable along the way in so many little things. Even in our long flights - how challenging it can be to sit still for that long of a period of time. No amount of movie watching or book reading can make it an exciting experience. It is just something that has to be endured because the end result is good. Long plane rides AND I had the center seat each time. Rhonda on one side. Unknown person on the other. Not that I'm complaining, I was ecstatic to be going - but as a person with introvert tendencies? Awkward potential. However, out of the probably two to three hundred people aboard, who do I sit next to? An Ethiopian pediatrician on the 13 hour flight there, and a church-planting pastor from the Congo on the 17 hour flight back. How amazing is that? The little things. Even down to who I sit by.
I see God's hand in it all. It is not at all because I am something special. Not.at.all. It is because God loves me and He is good. Unmerited grace. Unmerited favor.
Do you know why the gospel message is also called the good news?
Because that grace?
That favor?
The sacrifice He gave?
The love He has?
It is also for YOU.
Seriously, you all, I promise that every time I sit to blog, I rarely intend to end with God's love for you and the gospel.....however, that seems to almost always be where the writing takes me. Amazed by His love. Amazed. I am finding that as He is writing my story, God IS the story. His grace is the main thing. That is my story. That is my song..............and now this hymn is in my head - so here you go!
Blessed Assurance
No comments:
Post a Comment